French multinational integrated oil and gas company Total intends to build a liquefied natural gas (LNG) bunker supply business at Sohar port in Oman, it says.
The company Sunday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Oman to develop the country’s natural gas resources.
“We are pleased to sign this MoU with the Sultanate of Oman that will give us access to new gas resources and the opportunity to develop an integrated gas project,” stated Arnaud Breuillac, President Exploration & Production at Total.
“We will bring our expertise in LNG and will introduce access to a new gas market for the Sultanate.
“Developing an LNG bunkering service will generate in-country value and job opportunities, and will support industry diversification through fostering the shipping activity in Oman.”
Total has a 25% share of the natural gas discoveries located in the Greater Barik area on onshore Block 6, while Shell occupies the remaining 75%.
Total notes it will use its equity gas entitlement as feedstock to develop a regional hub for LNG bunkering service in Oman to supply LNG as a fuel to marine vessels.
This will be achieved by building a new small-scale modular liquefaction plant in Sohar port.
The plant will comprise a train of around 1 million tonnes (Mt) per year and will offer the flexibility for expansion as required by the development of the LNG bunkering market.
Photo credit: ©Total_Roussel Marc
Published: 14 May, 2018
‘The JMs have failed to discharge their duties by blindly helping the Banks mount a false case against the Defendant,’ wrote defence lawyers representing former IPP Director Dr Goh Jian Hian in court statement.
Lead prosecutor Andreas Myllerup Laursen aims for a fine and a prison sentence in the so-called Syria case scheduled to commence in Odense, Denmark on 26 October, writes the Danish publication.
In a modern re-telling of the story of David versus Goliath, local bunker barge owners/charterers successfully resisted claims brought in the Singapore courts by Phillips 66 for misdelivery of bunkers.
Bunker barge owners and operators; traders and suppliers; banks, including players in other countries, will have to re-examine respective operations, advises Helmsman Associate Director Jonathan Tan.
Vopak BL was a non-essential document with no contractual force and had no effect as a contract of carriage or as a document of title, states written Judgement issued by Singapore Court of Appeal.
Dwivedi Vivek Kumar ended his tenure as Global Head – Bitumen & Shipping & Regional Head – APAC at GP Global APAC on 10 November 2020 due to internal structuring of the GP Global Group.