Q-LNG Transport Wednesday reportedly entered into a letter of intent (LOI) with shipyard VT Halter to build a second liquefied natural gas (LNG) bunkering articulated tug and barge (ATB) unit.
The new LNG bunkering ATB unit will have an 8,000 cubic meter capacity for LNG marine fuel, twice the amount than the current unit which VT Halter began building in March for Shell’s LNG bunkering operations.
“We have entered into this letter of intent to advance the project through design verification, finalize our construction and pricing proposal, and arrange financing,” says Shane Guidry, the chairman and CEO of offshore vessel operator Harvey Gulf.
Guidry the owner of Q-LNG where he holds a 70% stake in Q-LNG, while Harvey Gulf owns the remaining 30%.
“Having the full commitment of VT Halter, we are confident that the construction of the second vessel for Q-LNG, will be equally successful.
“The new project will mirror closely the current vessel under construction, by utilizing a significant amount of the detail design and engineering.
“The new 8,000 cubic meter design captures all lessons and efficiencies learned from the first ATB.
“Thus, Q-LNG will be able to deliver the follow-on design in a shorter period of time at a highly competitive price.
“By working with current equipment suppliers, we are able to leverage cost saving efficiencies while ensuring a positive outcome for the delivery and reliability during operations.”
QLNG was formed to own and operate assets providing marine transportation of LNG commencing with a long-term contract with Shell Trading (U.S.) Company to deliver LNG as a fuel source to various ports in Florida and the Caribbean.
Photo credit: Q-LNG
Published: 30 August, 2018
Rotterdam’s intention to mandate the usage of MFMs goes down well with licensed bunker supplier VT Group; MFM providers supportive of move but stressed continuous monitoring is needed for optimum performance.
Cost of alternative bunker fuels, bunker operations and technology advancement are some considerations to be examined by the maritime industry, says Neo, director of SDE International Pte Ltd.
Kim Hyung Joon and Han Donghoon were planning to join the Singapore entities of Hartree Group - either Hartree Partners Singapore Pte Ltd or Hartree Marine Fuels - in October, discovered management.
‘When you think of Helmsman on the next occasion, think of us as lawyers with expertise in various fields. Come to us before a problem develops. It’s the process that matters,’ says Tang Chong Jun, Executive Director.
Bernard Chew was a former shareholder of MB Marine and was an authorised signatory of the company’s cheques at the material time, according to court documents obtained by Manifold Times.
Maersk, CMA CGM, BP and Stena Bulk give insights on availability of the three potential bunker fuel types, their plans, transition from fuel oil and LNG to alt fuels, how important sustainable marine fuels are to shipowners and more.