Connect with us
DNV Decarbonization Insight Series August 2026 - What maritime professionals should know about AI Training

Business

Four BP crude oil staff dismissed following investigations into China trade disputes

The staff members have been placed on leave since July after being named in disputes between banks and other commodity trading firms, reports Bloomberg.

Admin

Published

on

exit sign

Four BP Plc staff members on its crude oil team in Singapore has left the company at the end of September, more than two months after investigations began in their involvement in disputes between banks and other commodity trading firms, reported Bloomberg.

Allegedly, these staff members included three traders and one manager overseeing Asian crude oil trades as they held portfolios on BP’s oil sales to Chinese firms. 

They were placed on leave in July after being named in court filings in disputes and accusations of suspicious behavior between banks and other commodity trading firms.

BP was connected to CIMB bank and Natixis SA’s filing against Hontop Energy, the trading arm of Chinese independent refiner China Wanda Holding Group Co Ltd and Sugih Energy International Pte. Ltd. (renamed Aeturnum Energy International Pte Ltd).

In the filing, the banks claimed they had exposure of up to USD 192 million as they agreed to finance some trades for Hontop when they were shown that the cargo would be sold to BP.

However, when they approached BP for payments, they were told that BP had not entered into any contract with Hontop for the cargo and so was not required to make payment. 

Related: China Wanda Group approaching settlement of Hontop Energy debts with creditors
Related: Hontop Energy placed under judicial management over fraudulent conduct accusations
Related: Hearing date set for Hontop Energy to be placed under judicial management
Related: CIMB requests for Hontop Energy restructuring amid suspicious transactions with BP
Related: Argus Media: Hontop Energy fraud allegations add to Singapore trading woes
Related: BP Singapore oil traders on leave over being named in Hontop Energy fraud allegations


Photo credit: Gerd Altmann
Published: 2 October, 2020

Continue Reading

LNG Bunkering

Singapore: Eastern Pacific Shipping hits 700 LNG bunkering milestone

Since commencing LNG bunkering operations in November 2020, the company said it has completed a total LNG bunkering volume of 2,920,191 cubic metres.

Admin

Published

on

By

Singapore: Eastern Pacific Shipping hits 700 LNG bunkering milestone

Singapore-based shipping firm Eastern Pacific Shipping (EPS) on Monday (17 August) said the company has successfully completed its 700th LNG bunkering operation, carried out for vehicle carrier Lake Victoria in Emden, Germany.

Since commencing LNG bunkering operations in November 2020, the company said it has completed a total LNG bunkering volume of 2,920,191 cubic metres (m3).

“Reaching 700 LNG bunkering operations reflects not only the scale of our investment in alternative-fuel capabilities, but also the experience, coordination and commitment of our teams at sea and ashore,” EPS said in a social media post. 

“As we continue to grow and diversify our fleet, every operation adds to the practical experience needed to support shipping’s energy transition.”

Manifold Times previously reported the company completed a total of 530 LNG bunkering operations with over 2.4 million m3 of LNG bunkered, from the start of recorded data to 31 Dec 2025. 

In its 2026 ESG Report, EPS said its fleet is among the largest dual-fuel fleets in the industry, with over 170 vessels designed to operate on alternative fuels.

In 2025, 25% of the fuel consumed by EPS fleet were alternative marine fuels, including LNG, LPG, ethane, and biofuels.

Related: 2026 ESG Report: Singapore-based EPS completes 530 LNG bunkering operations

 

Photo credit: Eastern Pacific Shipping
Published: 18 August, 2026

Continue Reading

LNG Bunkering

Yang Ming dual-fuel vessel completes first SIMOPS LNG bunkering operation in Shanghai

“YM Willpower” successfully received around 2,000 mt of LNG alongside active cargo handling, significantly enhancing operational efficiency during the port call.

Admin

Published

on

By

Yang Ming dual-fuel vessel completes first SIMOPS LNG bunkering operation in Shanghai

Taiwanese shipping firm Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation (Yang Ming) on Monday (17 August) said its 15,500 TEU LNG dual-fuel vessel, YM Willpower, successfully completed its first-ever LNG bunkering operation via SIMOPS (Simultaneous Operations) at the Port of Shanghai.

Through close collaboration with Shanghai International Port (Group) and SIPG Energy Shanghai, the vessel successfully received around 2,000 metric tonnes (mt) of LNG alongside active cargo handling, significantly enhancing operational efficiency during the port call.  

With LNG dual-fuel technology, the company said it is continuing to expand alternative-fuel bunkering capabilities, enhance operational flexibility and efficiency and advance lower-carbon shipping solutions.  

Manifold Times previously reported YM Willpower completing its first bunkering operation in Singapore.

In 2026, Yang Ming will progressively introduce newly built 15,500 TEU class container vessels primarily fueled by liquefied natural gas (LNG) into its operating fleet. 

The lead vessel, YM Willpower, completed partial LNG bunkering at the shipyard prior to delivery and was officially deployed on 8 February into Yang Ming’s Far East–Mediterranean MD2 service. 

Related: Yang Ming’s new boxship completes first LNG bunkering operation in Singapore

 

Photo credit: Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation
Published: 18 August, 2026

Continue Reading

Methanol

Fratelli Cosulich launches methanol-ready bunker tanker in China

Designed with MarineLINE-coated cargo tanks and methanol readiness from the outset, “Carlotta Cosulich” combines operational flexibility with future-fuel readiness.

Admin

Published

on

By

Fratelli Cosulich launches methanol-ready bunker tanker in China

Genoa-based marine fuel supplier Fratelli Cosulich on Monday (17 August) announced the launch of its new methanol-ready bunker IMO II tanker, Carlotta Cosulich.

The launch of Carlotta Cosulich, the third of four sister vessels, took place at Taizhou Maple Leaf Shipyard in China, bringing together the project team, partners and stakeholders.

Silvia Bordon, General Manager, served as the vessel’s godmother during the ceremony.

“Designed with MarineLINE-coated cargo tanks and methanol readiness from the outset, Carlotta Cosulich combines operational flexibility with future-fuel readiness,” the company said in a statement. 

Equipped with a five-tonne cargo crane and dedicated arrangements for Single Point Mooring (SPM) operations further enhances her versatility across a wider range of bunkering operations.

“Following the successful delivery of her two sister vessels, she brings us one step closer to completing this four-vessel programme and reinforces Fratelli Cosulich Group’s commitment to safety, innovation, sustainability and operational excellence,” the company added.

 

Photo credit: Fratelli Cosulich
Published: 18 August, 2026

Continue Reading

Trending